Sunday, 6 May 2012

Nutella & Hazlenut Madeleines.....


I would say that I do have a healthy obsession with Nutella. As written in my previous Gelato blog it is a great store cupboard ingredient to have. Versatile in sandwiches, toast, cakes, ice cream and now an addition to my fabulous 'Nutella with Hazelnuts and Frangelico Madelines'.

Typically French with an Italian twist. The only problem that I find with these mouth watering delights is that one is never enough! Neither is 2 or 3. This mix makes around 30 madelines, if you are wanting a larger batch, just double!. I have added Frangelico liquor to my batter because I find that it compliments the nutella and hazelnuts really well, however if you do not have any it is not an essential. Also if you prefer to have your children eat liquor free madeleines then just omit the alcohol. Mine children love them!!


250g plain flour
250g caster sugar
225g melted butter
3 medium eggs
2 tbsp runny honey
2 tbsp nutella
2 tbsp frangelico
30g hazlenuts, chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 170C. 
2. Pop the flour and sugar in a large bowl and stir.
3. Add in the eggs, butter, honey and mix well into a rich batter.
4. Now add in the nutella and frangelico, mix well  and the fill the madeleine mould. I have 2 moulds and  will need to bake in 2 lots. Sprinkle over the chopped hazlenuts.  Be cautious not to over fill. 

Cook for around 18 minutes until cooked, delicious. Once out of the oven sprinkle with granulated sugar.

Carmela x




2 comments:

  1. What a great combination for a madeleine!!! They look great! I wonder if you could somehow bake them so they had a Nutella centre??? I recently made some raspberry and lemon curd madeleines where the lemon curd was piped in after baking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gooey nutella centre would just be heaven. I'm sure it could be pipped in, in some way!! Will have to have a little play. Thank you so much for your comment xx

    ReplyDelete