Serves 2, to make more just double up on the ingredients.
2 Romano peppers
80g lentils (green)
Vegetable stock 1 pint
125g mozzarella cubed
Large handful of basil torn
10 olives sliced
1/4 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to season
Olive oil to drizzle
These are very similar to my breadcrumb stuffed peppers. These however are without a doubt more filling. So enjoy.
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Slice the pepper length ways and place on a baking tray, try and keep the stalks on, they look so pretty.
2. In a saucepan add the vegetable or chicken stock and cook the lentils, follow the packet instructions. Once cooked, strain and season with a little salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, chop up the mozzarella, slice the olives and tear the basil and mix with 1/4 tsp of oregano.
4. Fill the peppers with the ready cooked lentils and then add generous amounts of the mozzarella mix.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes.
Serve straight from the oven, delicious and so quick!!